The Sue Morris Sports Complex opened its doors in Glenville, WV on June 7th 2007. It was created to be the finest baseball and softball complex in the state, making it the only facility of its kind. Our complex was constructed to be:
Located in the heart of West Virginia, only 15 miles from I-79, the Sue Morris Complex is easily accessible from all areas of the state. No matter where you hail from in West Virginia, you have the opportunity to enjoy our state-of-the-art facility.
Local lodging is also readily available for the long-distance traveler. The Glenville Inn is located within 2 miles of the sports complex. The hotel is a 60 room hotel, offering a free complimentary breakfast, high speed Internet, and a fitness center. The Pioneer Grille restaurant is also located on-site. Ample parking is provided, including space for buses.
Discounts are available to those using the Sue Morris Sports Complex.
The Sue Morris Complex is truly a state-of-the-art facility. Our complex features:
- An NCAA compliant baseball field
- 2 softball fields
- Lighted dugouts, with large capacity team seating
- A press box for each field
- Dirt infields on the softball fields
- Grass infield on the baseball field
- Changing room for game officials
- Ample bleacher capacity (1,500 for the baseball field; 1,000 per each softball field)
- Storm detector and warning system
Our facility was built with the entire family in mind. Thus, our complex features the following amenities:
- Ample bleacher seating
- Large, clean, and air-conditioned restrooms
- Lighted picnic shelter and picnic tables
- Covered playground for small children
- Amber Alert system
- A well-stocked concession stand, Pioneer Grille, featuring pizza, hot pretzels, candy, chips, popcorn, hot dogs, water, soft drinks, and much more. For special events, the Pioneer Grill features smoked and barbecued chicken, ribs and pulled pork. Note: There are also several restaurants nearby. Fast food is provided by McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Subway and Sub Express (located in GoMart) Sit down dining is available at China One, Audrey’s, The Pioneer Grille, and the Smokehouse.
- Full-size basketball court
- Volleyball court
- Two batting cages
- 1/2 mile walking trail